What do we offer?
What is the Summer Enrichment Program?
Heart for Education offers the MASTER Academy summer enrichment program for students in grades TK-8. Focusing on inquiry and differentiation, we work with schools and districts to organize custom academic curricula to meet the needs of students through Math, Arts/Athletics, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Reading (hence the acronym MASTER). We hire credentialed teachers within the school or district in order to develop a community partnership. For the most recent summer offerings, click here.
What is the After School Homework Assistance & Enrichment?
Heart for Education runs after school homework assistance and enrichment programs that benefit both students who are struggling as well as students who have excellent grades. Often, a neutral homework coach can ease the homework tension between parents and children. This is provided in a safe, nurturing atmosphere that aids students in getting homework done, studying for tests, and doing both assigned and for enjoyment reading. Homework helpers are also available to talk to parents about academic areas that can benefit from more practice as well as what is going well for their student. Students are taught how to learn and gain knowledge often solving their own questions they came to ask.
Heart for Education currently offers the following:
After school homework assistance & tutoring for grades TK-8
- Directed & supervised by credentialed teachers
- Advanced & enrichment opportunities for students
- Direct homework assistance through inquiry based teaching & learning
- Supports Common Core
- 8 to 1 student to staff ratio
After school supervision and educational support for TK and K
- Begins right when Kinder day ends & finishes when the rest of school is dismissed!
- Homework assistance & guided lessons support Kindergarten curriculum
- Practice spelling and sight words
- Math & Reading support
- Technology enrichment
- Pick up all your kids from school at the same time!
World language enrichment class for grades TK-8
- Learn words & phrases to use everyday
- Learn how to say things for class & at home
- Basic Spanish to support the school’s Spanish program, where applicable
- Incorporates the arts and technology
Innovation through Inquiry for grades TK-8
- Computer Coding Apps and Games
- Build it or Make it using STEAM
- Team Building & Social Development
- Develop your thinking, motor, and social skills
What is our nonprofit foundation, the MASTER Learner Foundation?
Click the link here: https://www.masterlearner.org